Thursday, August 21, 2008

Shocked Planet: 1986_ColorPencil_Drawing4 by Carol Hershey



8/21/08_1986_ColorPencil_Drawing4_Poem by Betina Hershey Russo

Aiee yai yai yai yai!
What a mess! What a mess!
The stress of it all!
Have you seen my lashes lately?
Have you seen my spotty blue dress?
You'd think I'd been electrocuted
And then splattered with paint.
And my eyes? What a pain!
One's so sad it's gone blue -
Such a pitiful stain!
And the other one's stuck in the mud,
But who's to complain?
I oughta be happy, that's what!
I can hear you all cluck and tutt tutt!
If only I could bounce around again,
Let my lashes curl and dangle,
Kinda soar from planet to planet
Wearing glimmering yellow beads
And the latest spangles!
But aiee yai yai yai yai!
It just ain't to be.
There are numbers to add
And lists with no end.
There are giraffes to be fed
And trousers to mend.
So, I'm stuck in this state
Like a lightning-struck tree!
It's a difficult thing,
Being a responsible planet like me!

No comments: